Unbearded

 

I shaved my face -
Foam kissed my cheeks
I closed my eyes and rubbed it
It kissed me, again and again
The saplings sown in winter
Surpassed summer and autumn 
Sun kissed were the seeds of winter
They rose and stood tall and man
Black he was, dark black
Stood to the ground time and again
He had a spine of man
He was tall sharp and brave
Man he was,
The man who turned heads for me
The father of my will
My wish and my desires
A single stroke of a blade
I killed you, a cold blooded murder
Washed my face
It's smiling ready for the meeting
I showcased a different me
I sold my ideas and my ideas sold me
A star performer in rain fog and snow
As I shelved my beard in hell

Comments

  1. Technically, you are only pruning the trees. But the sense of loss is valid if you consider the image of the self at a point in time that is being replaced by another. Liked the deliberate and poetic restructuring of sentences too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words... yeah its about showcasing what sells... and what can feed your tummy...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Bags vs. Plastic Bags: Unveiling the Carbon Footprint

Accident investigation? Lol....!! it's so easy :)

🌍 Embracing Sustainable Living, One Step at a Time! 👣